New Terroir coffee from Brazil

The latest coffee in Blasercafé's assortment «Terroir [BRA] - Brazil Capoeirinha Estate» comes from Brazil. Terroir coffees are all about the traceability of the coffee, and the path from the coffee cherry to roasting can be tracked step by step. The named Fazenda Capoeirinha is located in the Sul de Minas region in the state of Minas Gerais of Brazil. The farm is located on a mineral rich, metamorphic rock landscape, which ensures a good build-up of water through the clay soil with good water storage. About 60 percent of the 2200 hectares of the Capoeirinha Farm are used for coffee cultivation. The remaining 40 percent of the property has been declared a conservation area by the owners and includes protected rainforest areas and reserves. The Farm won the Annual Quality Contest of the Rainforest Alliance thanks to its commitment to environmental protection in 2009 and 2010. In addition to a distinctive nature conservation, the prize also honors fair working conditions and good cooperation with the local community. The new Terroir coffee is an Arabica of the variety Acaia. The Terroir [BRA], developed as an espresso with the sieve carrier or in the Bialetti cooker, develops a soft mouthfeel and a pleasant sweetness. The prevailing tastes in the cup are roasted hazelnut and chocolate, followed by toffee and vanilla. Coffee Terroir [BRA] is available in the Rösterei Kaffee und Bar at Güterstrasse 6 in 3008 Bern as well as in the webshop at www.blasercafe.ch after 13/6/17.

Print this page